Start the process of protecting your idea before someone else does.
Provisional patents are 1 year patents.
- Research if your idea is patentable
- Know before you invest thousands of dollars
- Enjoy the security of having a patentable idea
- Secure your idea for 1 year
- Figure out if your idea is worth the investment
- Enjoy a “patent-pending” stamp on your invention
The list will give you an idea if your idea can be patented or not.
What Can Be Patented
Utility patents are provided for a new, non-obvious and useful:
- Article of manufacture
- Composition of matter
- Improvement of any of the above
Note: In addition to utility patents, encompassing one of the categories above, patent protection is available for (1) ornamental design of an article of manufacture or (2) asexually reproduced plant varieties by design and plant patents.
What Cannot Be Patented
Laws of nature
Literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works (these can be Copyright protected).
Or inventions which are: Not useful (such as perpetual motion machines); or Offensive to public morality
The invention(s) must also be: Non-obvious, Novel, Adequately described or enabled – that is, anyone in the field can make and use the invention.